cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Joel McConaughy" <j...@displayware.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon: Language Babel -or- Database Development Platform ?
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:20:43 GMT

... [snip] ...
> Ugo Cei has claimed that all you need is Flowscript, CForms,
> some sort of O/R mapping (Like
> hibernate or OJB), and the JXTemplateGenerator and you're set.
> I tend to agree with him, but I have
> no practical experience to back it up with :)

I'm not sure that's true.  I have been working with hibernate and flow
for three weeks and have found that it's not so easy.  A simple example
is trying to load the results of a hibernate query returning multiple
rows into an editable form/binding repeater.  This should be a
no-brainer use case but doesn't seem to work.

IMHO, an out-of-the-box hibernate/cforms binding (or some other O/R
framework) should be a hard requirement -- otherwise where is the
productivity gain?

OK, I'll climb down from the soap box now ;)

Joel McConaughy
Managing Partner
Displayware LLC
800 Fifth Ave., #101-316