cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Fernandez" <antonio.fernan...@ya.com>
Subject Embedding "external" site in my Cocoon app.
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:38:51 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm already lost trying to embed an external application into my Cocoon app,
I've tried a couple of things extracted from searches on this list,

First, I tried something quite simple:

    <map:act type="request">
      <map:generate
src="http://localhost:XXXX/externalApp/index.jsp{requestQuery}"
type="html"/>
     <map:transform src="myApp/resources/xsl/extTransform.xsl">
     </map:transform>
     <map:serialize type="html"/>
    </map:act>

And I was quite happy until I reached the first POST. Since I wanted to POST
form data to the external servlet, I used cinclude,
the way it is documented in the Cocoon docs, section "Including External
XML(advanced)", but at that point I begun getting error
messages since the HTML generated by the external servlet was not correctly
formed.(lack of ending tags), and they weren't being
corrected by the html generator as in the first try.

So, I'd like to know if there is some kind of "html-tidy" transformer,
similar to the html generator, which I could insert between the
cinclude generation and my application stylesheet, to feed it with correct
data. Or, if you have any other advice, I'd be very grateful to hear
it.

By the way, I'm using Cocoon 2.0.4 + Jboss 3.2.3 + JDK 1.4 in HP-UX, Sun
Solaris 8 and
Win2k.

Thank you very much in advance, and please excuse my poor english,
Regards
Antonio

A few keywords: calling embedding external servlet site POST form