cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: XSP with XSLT processing
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:42:30 GMT
Carlos

I think the issue here is that XSP is meant to *generate* the
XML (occurs once at the start of a pipeline) and XSLT is mean to
*process*  the XML (later on, in multiple stages if need be, in the
pipeline)... and it sound like you are trying to do both in one place;

bear in mind you cannot "pass" XML to the XSP in the first place.
Possibly you can rethink your system design?

Derek

>>> cdias@pontoc.pt 2004/03/16 03:15:58 PM >>>
Hi,
I want to know if is possible, inside XSP, to do the following thing.
Suppose I have a XML (it can be a context session), and I want to
navigate throw it and according to some Java function create a new XML
file.
The original XML could be sometinhg like:
<MENU>
    <OBJECT name="xpto"/>
    <OBJECT name="xpto1"/>
</MENU>

In XSP I want to read the XML file an for the OBJECT tags apply a Java
function. According to the result the tag is consider or not in
the replaying XML.

Best regards,
Carlos Dias

believed to be clean.