cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: new to cocoon question
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:56:40 GMT
Interesting question - in brief, actions are primarily used *inside*
pipelines to act as logic "switches" between different choices; or to
allow easy handling of case failures. I am not sure how this corresponds
to what Struts does - I actually would like to find out more about
Struts
as there a number of developers I know that use it, to whom I'd like to
relate a little better - if there is any reading you can point me
towards
to grasp that framework's approaches, I'd be happy to share any
comparisons I find (as this is something I want to do anyway...)

Derek

D Hohls
Environmental Systems Developer
CSIR Environmentek
PO Box 17001
Kwa-Zulu Natal
South Africa
4013
www.csir.co.za

>>> moraleslos@hotmail.com 03/11/04 5:05 PM >>>
Hi there,

I'm interested in using cocoon for a new project.  Having used Struts
for a
long time now, I was wondering if cocoon had some parts of its framework

analogous to Struts, e.g. Action classes/forms, so that I can start off
running.  From what I understand reading the coccon documents, there are

also "Actions" that seem to sway from the normal
generator->transformer->serializer pipeline but "mimic" Struts actions.
Is
this the right way to start off using cocoon as coming from struts or
should
I just use the traditional cocoon pipeline?  Any suggestions for this
newbie
would be appreciated!  Thanks!

-los

believed to be clean.