cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Weird display problems - 2.1.3 to 2.1.4
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:28:22 GMT
OK - looking at the HTML, it appears that the
Cocoon 2.1.4 serializer is now adding the
following line to the top of the file:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

My options are therefore to:
(a) go through and fix up all my existing sites to
accomodate this change; OR
(b) find a way to remove this new addition

Considering my time constraints, I will prefer option (b)
(in the short term at least, in the long term I will
obviuously try and understand why adding in this
DOCTYPE causes such a screwy behaviour....!)

Can someone can tell me how to go about this?!
(preferably a single fix that affects all mounted sites)

Thanks!!
Derek

>>> DHohls@csir.co.za 2004/03/10 01:05:34 PM >>>
We have recently upgraded Cocoon on our server
(UNIX) from 2.0 to to 2.1.4.  I am still running 2.1.3 on
my local (WindowsXP) machine.  Both are running
Tomcat 4.1.2x.

The "weird display" is shown in the before and after
attachments - for some reason the text in the form
boxes which show fine on  my machine and used to
show fine on the 2.0.x version, is now all "squashed"
on the 2.1.4 version.  (same browser).  I am also
having other problems with lines not displaying in tables
and so on, which may be from the same cauise...

AFAIK nothing else has changed in the setup - ANY ideas
as to what could be causing this??

Thnks
Derek

believed to be clean.