cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] form frameworks
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:22:49 GMT
Jeff Davis wrote:
> While I don't feel comfortable commenting on those other projects since I
> haven't used them, I do want to chime in with my views that trying to
> standardize on a single framework would be very helpful. I'm pretty new to
> Cocoon, and I spent so much time trying to digest what were the differences
> between xml-form, woody, and jxforms etc., and which one was really the most
> promising. It was VERY confusing, and almost, at times, led me back to
> Struts.
>
> The Cocoon project will be best advanced with a well-defined set of
> components or best-practice solutions, instead of a multitude of sometimes
> poorly documented and fragmented choices. However, I appreciate the need to
> always encourage innovation, so it's a difficult tradeoff.

We are well aware of that. It took quite
a while to come up with a form framework
that was finally supported by the whole
community.

In order to reduce further confusion we want
to get rid of the legacy options. Sorry for
the confusion and thanks for your comment.

I guess it proves we are on right track...

cheers
--
Torsten