cocoon-users mailing list archives

From manfred.wei...@rzb.at
Subject encoding of request params passed to a stylesheet
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:01:10 GMT
Hello *

We are using this mechanism to pass request params to the stylesheets:

<map:transform src="stylesheets/my.xsl">
</map:transform>

In some cases there are german umlauts like äöü in the values of the
request params.
These params apear in the stylesheet as öäü when the params are
urlencoded.
If there is no urlencoding all characters are correct!

when i use
<map:transform src="stylesheets/my.xsl">
  <map:parameter name="myparam" value="ÄÜÖ"/>
</map:transform>
all characters are ok.

All our encoding settings are utf-8 (everywhere eg web.xml, xml,
stylesheets, form encoding action)

i looked around a lot but i am not able to solve the problem. Please help!

regards
manfred

This message and any attachment ("the Message") are confidential. If you
have received the Message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the Message from your system , any use of the Message is
forbidden.
Correspondence via e-mail is primarily for information purposes. RZB
neither makes nor accepts legally binding statements unless otherwise
agreed to the contrary.