cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject sitemap resources (was: Cocoon chapters for download)
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:17:39 GMT

This may be off-topic, but a line in Chapter 6 caught my eye:
"Currently, the only place in Cocoon where you can use sitemap resources is
for redirects."

Is this a new restriction in C2.1?  I'm currently using resources like
macros in my <map:match> clauses via <map:call resource="resource-name"/>
in C2.0.3.  I'd hate to have to rewrite my sitemap when we upgrade to 2.1!

-Christopher

|         |           "Matthew Langham"|
|         |           <mlangham@s-und-n|
|         |           .de>             |
|         |           03/31/2004 04:59 |
|         |           users            |

  |       To:       <users@cocoon.apache.org>, <dev@cocoon.apache.org>
                                   |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  Cocoon chapters for download

I have been in contact with SAMS, the publisher of our Cocoon book. They
already provide a free download of Chapter 6 (A User's look at the Cocoon
Architecture). They have now agreed to provide Chapter 1 (An Introduction
Internet Applications) as a free download. Chapter 1 basically details the
history of building Internet/Web applications and outlines why Cocoon is
the
best choice when considering a platform today.

Chapters 1 and 6 are available here:

http://www.s-und-n.de/sunshine/ccos/CBA-Chapter1.pdf
http://www.s-und-n.de/sunshine/ccos/CBA-Chapter6.pdf

Currently the SAMS/NewRiders Site only has chapter 6.

Enjoy.

Matthew