cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas_Pe...@putnam.com
Subject Re: need help with <handle-errors I'm getting a message "You must set a generator..."
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:59:34 GMT

Joerg, thanks so much! Adding a generator to the handle-errors block did
the trick.

Thanks again for your help.
Tom

                From:        Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de>

                       03/15/2004 07:18 PM

                       Please respond to users

                To:            users@cocoon.apache.org

                cc:

                Subject:    Re: need help with <handle-errors  I'm getting a message

                       "You must set a generator..."

On 15.03.2004 23:15, Thomas_Perry@putnam.com wrote:

> hello, and thanks so much for reading this.  I'm trying to use the
> <map:handle-errors> tag in a pipeline.
> I forced an error by renaming an xsl file. The handle-errors block
> serializes to xml; I just want to see
> the error xml.  But I continually see the html page for error code 500.
In
> the cocoon error.log I'm seeing this:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: You must set a generator first
> before you can use a serializer.
>
> I don't understand. I thought generators were not allowed in the
> handle-errors block.
>
> What is the message from ProcessingException about "must set a generator"
> trying to tell me?

It's a more or less long time ago that generators were not allowed in
handle-errors block, I guess 2.0 vs. 2.1. Now you can and have to use a
generator in the handle-errors block. If you want to see the error xml,
use the notifying generator. For a sample have a look into the default
root sitemap in Cocoon.

Joerg