cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas_Pe...@putnam.com
Subject need help with <handle-errors I'm getting a message "You must set a generator..."
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:15:24 GMT

hello, and thanks so much for reading this.  I'm trying to use the
<map:handle-errors> tag in a pipeline.
I forced an error by renaming an xsl file. The handle-errors block
serializes to xml; I just want to see
the error xml.  But I continually see the html page for error code 500.  In
the cocoon error.log I'm seeing this:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: You must set a generator first
before you can use a serializer.

I don't understand. I thought generators were not allowed in the
handle-errors block.

What is the message from ProcessingException about "must set a generator"
trying to tell me?

details  (this is all running locally on my pc)
XP Professional version 2002 sp1
tomcat 4.1.29
cocoon  2.1.3
JDK  1.4.0_01-b03