cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: session:getxml in esql Problem
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:58:04 GMT

I don't know the session context stuff, but I suspect if you look in the
generated java code you'd see a lot of java code stuck in the middle of
your query.  The query can handle things like
<xsp:expr>java_expr</xsp:expr> where java_expr evaluates sensibly to a
String, but I suspect the <session:getxml> does not create a simple
expression, but probably more like several lines of code.

-Christopher

|         |           "Tuan Luu"       |
|         |           <tuanluu@gmx.ch> |
|         |           03/31/2004 04:40 |
|         |           users            |

  |       To:       users@cocoon.apache.org
                       |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  session:getxml in esql Problem

hello
I'd like to use values from the session context in an esql Statement (xsp)
but it gives me errors.

I saw in some mail postings that there was a problem with <session:getxml>
in esql in earlier Version of Cocoon. Is there any solution now?

What I've tryed recently was:

        <esql:execute-query>
                <esql:query>
                                                             select *
                                                             from sc where
anwname='<session:getxml context="prop"
path="/content/name"/>'
                </esql:query>
        </esql:execute-query>

This statement will lead to the error msg:

full exception chain stacktrace

Original Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException:
Error compiling sc_promonat_res1_xsp:
ERROR 1 (org/apache/cocoon/www/sc/overview/html/sc_promonat_res1_xsp.java):
      "context",
      "context",
      "CDATA",
      "proapplauswahl"

// start error (lines 517-517) "Syntax error on token ";", ")" expected"
    );

// end error

    xspAttr.addAttribute(
      "",