cocoon-users mailing list archives

From robert_hitch...@cargill.com
Subject RE: Coccon vs. JSP
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:36:15 GMT
For one thing, JSP (with Struts) is limited in scope to devices that
support JSP pages (ie browsers).  While JSP is slowly moving to other
technologies/devices, Cocoon has already been structured to support
virtually any type of device. That's what the XML buys you...create your
view once in XML and send it to any type of device for interpretation
by/for that device.

HTH
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: almartinez@sgi.es [mailto:almartinez@sgi.es]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 8:34 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Coccon vs. JSP

Hello!!

	I am learning a lot about Cocoon, but I can't see yet the
advantages of
Cocoon versus technologies like JSP. I think that working with XSL is
much
more difficult than working with JSP, as XSL is limited in
variables,etc.
What are the benefits of using Cocoon?	(No doubt that you will
change my
mind ;).

Alejandro