cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yves Vindevogel <yves.vindevo...@implements.be>
Subject Re: [OS-X] Serious Encoding Problems (VM Bug?)
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:51:17 GMT
Ok, I got my database going again on a different machine.  I now use
Panther with the JVM that comes with it.
I use the driver compiled by postgresql, and have already tested the
one from their site.  No solution.

When I use a basic XSP, with strange chars, it works.
So, it's only when I use the database connection from XSP.

I then used the transformer instead of the generator: same problem ...

Okay, so no much further.....
I downloaded Tomcat 4 and 5
First I installed Tomcat 4.  It runs nicely.

I downloaded Cocoon 2.0.4 (latest from 2.0 series) with VM 1.4
I dropped the cocoon.war in the webapps.  Tomcat unpacks it.
I try to open the :8080/cocoon folder and I get this error

Failed to generate program code (this may happen if you use Xalan in
incremental processing mode). Please check log file and/or console for
errors.

Okay, away went version 4 of Tomcat

I unpacked Tomcat 5, started it and there it was ...
Dropped the war again in the webapps.
Tomcat unpacked it, but I could not connect to :8080/cocoon

The requested resource (/cocoon/) is not available.

Now that's strange to me .... The directory is there.  I don't know why
it's not found.
Do I need to "register" it first under Tomcat 5 ?