cocoon-users mailing list archives

From beyaNet Consultancy <beya...@ntlworld.com>
Subject XHTML 1.1 Declaration
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:37:45 GMT
Hi,
I have specified the following XHTML declaration in my sitemap:

		    <map:serializer name="xhtml"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer"
mime-type="text/html" logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml" pool-grow="2"
pool-max="64" pool-min="2">
			 <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 //EN</doctype-public>

<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1.dtd</doctype-
system>
			 <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
			 <indent>yes</indent>
			</map:serializer>

As part of the XHTML declaration it is required that the following is
psecified within the opening html tag:

My question is this, as I have also declared a <map:select
type="browser"/> which depending on the browser determines which
serializer to use, is there a global parameter I can specify within my
sitemap which when an XHTML 1.1 compatible browser is detected also
writes xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" into the opening html tag?
I ask this because my site is broken down into frames and I don't want
to have to go through each page putting some form of code which
determines the browser type, and if XHTML 1.1 writes the xmlns
declaration into the html tag.

So if browser is XHTML 1.1 compatible:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 //EN"

Peter