cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: cocoon 2.1.4 performance
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 02:11:31 GMT

Hi There,

What in particular is the CPU load on? Is it iowait, system or user?

If you're using the persistent store then there's anecdotal evidence to
suggest that you'll get high IO load - which would indeed result in poor
performance.

However I don't think there should be a difference between Cocoon 2.1.4
and previous 2.1.x versions with this problem.

Let us know :)

Corin

-----Original Message-----
From: gordon@3months.com [mailto:gordon@3months.com]
Sent: Thursday, 4 March 2004 1:52 p.m.
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: cocoon 2.1.4 performance

hi everyone

Has anyone noticed any poorer performance with Cocoon 2.1.4.  We were
previously using Cocoon 2.1.2 and had issues with a memory leak that
appears to have been fixed.  However even with only 10 threads running a
crawl over our site the page response time was slow.
Looking at the CPU monitor on the Linux box the CPU usage is around 99%
!!!

We are still using a sitemap based on Cocoon 2.1.2, could there be any
configuration issues that could affect 2.1.4?

I'd welcome some feedback to see if others are having similar problems

Thanks