cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Schultz, Gary - COMM" <GSchu...@commerce.state.wi.us>
Subject RE: Indexing cocoon for search engines
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:51:37 GMT
Ah yes, the link. I had the link to the Cocoon based web app commented out
on our home page since the web site is not "live" at the moment. In order to
keep the link from visitors, I uncommented and set the css property display
to none. I had our web site reindexed by the State of Wisconsin Inktomi
search engine. Everything worked. Thanks to all for the assistance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Schultz, Gary - COMM [mailto:GSchultz@commerce.state.wi.us]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 1:23 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Indexing cocoon for search engines

After trying to get this working, I've determined I'm having trouble getting
cocoon indexed properly outside of the Lucene example. Eventually I need to
have Cocoon indexed by Google, Inktomi etc. Yesterday someone posted a reply
showing that something served by Cocoon can be indexed by Google. But how
does one get this setup? I've looked at the Wiki and other documents without
success. If I can't get indexing to work, management will force me away from
Cocoon to a Microsoft ASP based solution, which I would prefer to avoid. Any
and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Gary T. Schultz
Web Technical Administrator / GIS Coordinator
Wisconsin Department of Commerce
6th Floor
P.O. Box 7970
Madison, WI