cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: [forms] Validation on action widget!?
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:36:12 GMT

On Mar 16, 2004, at 3:04 AM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 16.03.2004 07:57, Mark Lundquist wrote:
>> I'm using a Cocoon 2.1.5 from a few days ago's CVS snapshot, but the
>> same thing was happening to me in 2.1.4...
>> I have some <fd:action> widgets.  I use getWidget() in the v2
>> forms/flow integration, and set the widget onClick property in flow
>> to do my event handling.  The action widgets work.  But, for some
>> reason form validation is getting triggered!
>> Can anybody give me a clue what's goin' on here?  Where should I be
>> looking?
>
> What's so bad about the validation? You can switch it off by adding an
> attribute validate="false".

Well, the problem is that these are action widgets, not submit widgets
— I need to redisplay the form, not end form processing.

I tried setting <fd:action validate="false"...> just to see if that
would do anything, but it didn't.

What would cause validation to be triggered on an action widget?

~ Mark