cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: [cforms] v2 flow api bind repeater to dom at onaddrow
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:10:17 GMT

On Mar 11, 2004, at 3:45 PM, JD Daniels wrote:

> Thanks for the input :)
>
> The thing is , for this i don't *have* any business objects. The xsp's
> are xsps simply because xsp has esql.. They are plain data views from
> a rdbms. I need to do this on the add row function because i don't
> want to load an xml file with every single item in it. I just want to
> load up one item.. the one the user has chosen, and fill the row with
> the values assigned to that item. these are going to be used
> elsewhere, so I do not need to write them back.

Ah, gotcha...

I suggested encapsulating that in a Java class, so it seems like you
might as well just have that Java class use JDBC to do your query
directly, and once again skip the ESQL logicsheet stuff.  But you
probably thought of that already and decided not to for some reason...
:-)

Anyway, to answer you question... you have access to the whole widget
tree of your form, by way of

	form.getWidget()

which returns the root of the widget tree.  Take a look at the v2
sample, and the light will turn on in no time! :-)  Actually you
probably did that and have it figured out by now...

Cheers,
Mark