cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jon Evans <jon.ev...@misgl.com>
Subject Re: coplet / flowscript cache invalidation question
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:41:00 GMT
Hi Alex,

On 10 Mar 2004, at 01:29, Alex Romayev wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't you just
>  set the state of your coplet in the flowscript, so
>  that it shows the first page after it's done?
>
> e.g.:
>
> if (state == 'done')
>   cocooon.sendPage(welome-page);

Thanks for your reply.

The thing is, in my flowscript I can keep track of the state, but once
the CachingURICoplet has displayed my final page it doesn't call the
flowscript again because the page always comes from the cache.

So I need a programmatic way of saying:

state = start_again_at_page_one;
cocoon.thisCoplet().dontCacheTheFollowingPage();
cocoon.sendPage(final-page);

Alternatively, I need a way to hook into the event that says "user
switched back to this tab on the layout" and send an event to this
particular coplet to get it to invalidate its cache.

In fact, for future reference it would be useful to know something
about hooking into, and sending, portal events.  Don't suppose you
could give me some pointers?

Many thanks,

Jon