cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yves Vindevogel <yves.vindevo...@implements.be>
Subject Re: How can I get ID number after insert a new record?
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:13:39 GMT
Not possible in one shot .... IMHO
You'll need to do the Insert and in the same page, run a second query
to get the Max(id).
If you're afraid of getting the wrong one (because somebody is doing
the same thing on the same table), use a where clause (like adding the
name of the company you just inserted)

On 30 Mar 2004, at 19:08, gounis@osmosis.gr wrote:

> oh sorry
>
> i use msAccess throgh ODBC
>
> -- stavro
>
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Yves Vindevogel wrote:
>
>> What database ?
>>
>> I generally do this by using a function in postgresql.
>> You execute the function and in the function you get the new id.
>> That ID is returned as value (and 0 for failure)
>>
>> Same for MS Sql.  You can use a stored procedure there.
>> That's kind of the same as a postgresql function
>>

>> On 30 Mar 2004, at 18:31, gounis@osmosis.gr wrote:
>>
>>> i'm executing an Insert SQL statement using a custom xsp action
>>>
>>> is it possible to get the new id number (auto increment) inside the
>>> action
>>> or inside the my pipeline's match?
>>>

>>> any idea ?
>>>
>>> --stavros

>> Met vriendelijke groeten,
>> Bien ΰ vous,
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Yves Vindevogel
>> Implements
>>
>> Mail: yves.vindevogel@implements.be  - Mobile: +32 (478) 80 82 91
>>
>> Kempische Steenweg 206 - 3500 Hasselt - Tel-Fax: +32 (11) 43 55 76
>> Markt 18c  -  9700 Oudenaarde  -  Tel: +32 (55) 30 55 76
>>
>> Web: http://www.implements.be
>>
>> First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.  Then they fight you.
>> Then you win.
>> Mahatma Ghandi.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bien à vous,