cocoon-users mailing list archives

From robby.pelss...@vodafone.com
Subject RE: Access to files on NT-server with Cocoon running on Unix-serv er
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:43:55 GMT
The thing is... untill now we uploaded word-documents, pictures (gif, jpg,
bmp), excel files etc. to our solaris machine (portalserver).  I ran a
script on my winnt desktop that uploaded the files from a winnt groupsdrive
to our portalserver.   But we know are overwhelmed by demand from users who
want to offer their documents/pics/etc via our portal.  We don't have enough
diskcapacity to store these files any longer.  So we want another setup...

We want to give the portal rights to access files on groupsdrives on
winnt-servers.  But it is taking us too much time to find out what is the
correct way to achieve this.

Any suggestions are welcome.  And please keep in mind that i'm not really an
expert in hardware matters :-)

Greetz and thx,
Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivo Limmen [mailto:ivo.limmen@virgil.nl]
Sent: 24mm2004 9:37
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Access to files on NT-server with Cocoon running on
Unix-server

Yes that too.

But I was thinking of writing a reader component that uses CIFS URLs and
uses jCIFS for reading files from the NT server.

But it might be possible to use Samba on your Solaris machine as client
but how that would work I do not know.

We use Samba 3 on our Solaris because our workstations are Windows XP
machines. But that is the other way around: your Solaris machine is a
client not a server like in our case.

Jorg Heymans wrote:

> isn't samba available for SunOS ?
>
> robby.pelssers@vodafone.com wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we are searching for a way that lets our portal (working with cocoon
>> 2.1.4)
>> running on a unixserver (Sun OS 5.8) have access (we only need read
>> access)
>> to files on a winnt-server.
>>
>> Anyone who has some ideas on this matter??
>>
>> Thanks in advance !!
>>
>> Robby

Ivo Limmen