cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <Conal.Tu...@vuw.ac.nz>
Subject RE: Problem with disable-output-escaping with the 2.1.4 version
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 05:39:35 GMT
Vincent, I know you asked us not to tell you not to use disable-output-escaping, so instead
I'll just ask you :-)

Why do you use disable-output-escaping?!!!

You obviously know that it is a grubby hack ... everyone despises it, and for good reason
:-)

You should realise that it is never needed (though in certain very limited cases it can be
slightly useful). I don't think your case is one of those special cases, though, so why not
just replace this:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;#149;</xsl:text>

... with this:

<xsl:text>&#149;</xsl:text>

Doesn't that work? Does that give you the wrong result?

Cheers

Con