cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Roth <mr...@ronin.matrix.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: XHTML 1.1 Declaration
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:41:25 GMT
Hi,

The HTML-Generator
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/html-generator.html) uses
JTidy
for proper output, you can configure how jtidy is doing it.

  <map:generator type="html" src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator">
    <jtidy-config>jtidy.properties</jtidy-config>
  </map:generator>

Sample Config File (jtidy.properties)

output-xml: no
output-xhtml: no
input-xml: no

For all Options go to http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

Perhaps this will help

Michael

At 14:23 25.03.2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>has anyone got any ideas to this problem. For example I was thinking of
>something like:
>
>                     <map:serializer name="xhtml"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer" mime-type="text/html"
> logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml" pool-grow="2" pool-max="64" pool-min="2">
>                         <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1
> //EN</doctype-public>
>
><doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1.dtd</doctype-system>
>                         <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>                         <indent>yes</indent>

>                         </map:serializer>
>make sense?
>
>Peter
>
>On 25 Mar 2004, at 11:37, beyaNet Consultancy wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I have specified the following XHTML declaration in my sitemap:
>>
>>                     <map:serializer name="xhtml"
>> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer"
>> mime-type="text/html" logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml" pool-grow="2"
>> pool-max="64" pool-min="2">
>>                         <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1
>> //EN</doctype-public>
>>
>><doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1.dtd</doctype-system>
>>                         <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>>                         <indent>yes</indent>
>>                         </map:serializer>
>>
>>As part of the XHTML declaration it is required that the following is
>>psecified within the opening html tag:

>>My question is this, as I have also declared a <map:select
>>type="browser"/> which depending on the browser determines which
>>serializer to use, is there a global parameter I can specify within my
>>sitemap which when an XHTML 1.1 compatible browser is detected also
>>writes xmlns="<http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml>http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>>into the opening html tag? I ask this because my site is broken down into
>>frames and I don't want to have to go through each page putting some form
>>of code which determines the browser type, and if XHTML 1.1 writes the
>>xmlns declaration into the html tag.
>>
>>So if browser is XHTML 1.1 compatible:
>>
>><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 //EN"
>>"<http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1.dtd>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1.dtd">

>>Peter

Michael Roth
Technische Universit├Ąt Wien
Zentraler Informatik Dienst -  Zentrale Services
Wiedner Hauptstra├če 8-10, 1040 Wien
Tel.: 58801 42091  /  Fax: 58801 42099