cocoon-users mailing list archives

From R Hunt <h...@fas.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: binding params in dynamic queries in ESQL
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:36:39 GMT
Thanks for everyone's advice on this topic.  It seems that the general
consensus is that one should use <esql:parameter> to bind parameters, but
it can't be done when building a dynamic query.
Thanks.

At 06:41 PM 3/5/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>You are mixing things up. :)
>Better have a look into the examples.

Can you recommend some examples that show a dynamically built query that
uses <esql:parameter>?

>What you want to do here is build the
>clause ...which has nothing to do with
>esql! Drop the paramopen/close stuff
>and you are fine.

Doesn't the <esql:parameter> tags belong in the where clause?

>Always(!!) use esql:parameter to insert
>dynamic values - or at least never pass
>request values directly.

Yes,  I would like to!  But how can I do it with a dynamically built query?