cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yves Vindevogel <yves.vindevo...@implements.be>
Subject Re: [OS-X] Serious Encoding Problems (VM Bug?)
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:20:31 GMT
I see .... could you please tell me how to setup Tomcat 5 so that it
works with Cocoon 2.1.  Or a document on line ?
This way, I could set up that solution and test if my problem is Jetty
related.  Because ... all my previous installations were on Tomcat.
Might be Jetty related ...

If Alexander Schatten reads this: what do you think ?
Is your problem also only on installations with Jetty ?

On 28 Mar 2004, at 13:20, Stephen Winnall wrote:

> On 28 Mar 2004, at 12:39, Yves Vindevogel wrote:
>
>> But why do you need them ??
>> You can startup Cocoon 2.1 with Jetty (cocoon.sh servlet)
>> There's no need for Tomcat ....
>
> Ah...! No good reason really: I first used Tomcat when it was version
> 1.x and haven't had any reason to change. And since I am more
> interested
> in Cocoon, content and multimodal presentation than Java and its
> various containers, the question of Jetty or Tomcat has never been a
> point of interest for me. I know lots of people prefer Jetty and I
> respect that (the same applies to those who prefer Tomcat), but I am
> neutral on this issue because my focus is elsewhere.
>
> Steve

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bien à vous,
Kind regards,

Yves Vindevogel
Implements

Mail: yves.vindevogel@implements.be  - Mobile: +32 (478) 80 82 91

Kempische Steenweg 206 - 3500 Hasselt - Tel-Fax: +32 (11) 43 55 76
Markt 18c  -  9700 Oudenaarde  -  Tel: +32 (55) 30 55 76

Web: http://www.implements.be

First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.  Then they fight you.
Then you win.
Mahatma Ghandi.