cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: java start
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:25:56 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 31 mars 04, à 10:48, Yves Vindevogel a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do I have to pass certain parameters to Java VM or JDBC to tell that
>> the encoding must be Latin1 or Iso-8859-1
>> I have my <dburl>jdbc:postgresql://myserver/mydb?charSet=latin1
>

> Dunno about this one
>
>> I also have the DFileEncoding=iso-8859-1 in my Java_options.
>

> Should be  -Dfile.encoding=iso-8859-1
>
>> Yet, my database returns Ascii only.
>

> Did you try with plain JDBC, with a simple test program outside of
> Cocoon? If it doesn't work in this case it will never work. Or maybe
> try with a java-based query utility like SquirrelSQL

I have the same problem, and I think I tried everything that was
suggested: the same app works with no problems on Linux, but not on OS
X: and yesterday I tried DBVisualizer and connected using the same
driver to the same database and there the äöü umlauts work, but not in
Cocoon...

no idea anymore...

alex