cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Woody repeater and big record count
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 01:29:36 GMT
On 04.03.2004 08:52, Vasyl Stashuk wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have large number of records, that should be shown to user. They can't
> fit on one page.
> What is best way to implement paging using woody?

I do it the following way: I have an object repeatersettings with
properties row count, offset and total hits. They are bound to the form
model. Additionally I have 4 buttons start, end, next, previous for
changing the offset, and a field + button for changing the row count.
Offset and row count handling is in the flow. The repeatersettings are
passed to the data access layer and at the end OJB returns a collection
with exactly {row count} elements and re-sets the total hits. The offset
is taken into account easily by using setStartAtIndex() and
setEndAtIndex() on the Query. The total hits are read from the
OJBIterator (returned from getIteratorByQuery) using fullSize().

I guess it simply depends on the number of objects, but creating an
instance for all entries in the database for giving Woody the complete
control over the repeater might be not handy.

Joerg