cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: continuation-id
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:51:25 GMT

Jason Lane wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> how can I access the continuation-id of a woody bind through it's
> classpath? (hope that's the right terminology).

I'm afraid it isn't, in fact your complete message sounds more like a
heavenly-inspired haiku. Well that, or you should explain us which drugs
you are taking (we want some too!) :-)

(sorry, I couldn't resist, pls: no offense intended)

please explain what your problem really is, and hopefully we could help
you out

already some random remarks:

> I realise that <wt:continuation-id/> will output <input value="xxx"
> type="hidden" name="continuation-id"/> to the form but I want to do
> something like:

the purpose of this is the following:
sometimes people don't like the continuation-id in the URL (address-bar
of the browser) and want to communicate the continuation-id as a (hidden
form-input-field) request-parameter

the typical snippet of sitemap that handles that:
<map:match pattern="uri-pointing-to-functionX">
   <map:select type="method">
     <!-- GET : start the flow for this screen -->
     <map:when test="GET">
       <map:call function="X"/>
     </map:when>
     <!-- POST (form submission) : continue the flow -->
     <map:when test="POST">
       <map:call continuation="{request-param:continuation-id}"/>
     </map:when>
   </map:select>
</map:match>

> <map:parameter name="continuation-id"
> value="org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.getId"/>

just to get some mist out of the way: cforms(woody)-binding has nothing
to do with continuation-id's

guessing your goal: to get a hold of the continuation-id inside the
sitemap (e.g. to pass it to a xslt stylesheet or so) you can use a
input-module for that (there is one in the scratchpad IIRC:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/scratchpad/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input/)

for how to use modules read up :
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/modules.html

HTH,