cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simeon Walker <sim...@sbs.bangor.ac.uk>
Subject How/where is SimpleCocoonCrawler used?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:20:23 GMT
Hi,

I've been upgrading from 2.1.2 to 2.1.4 and noticed the cocoon-crawler
lines in the new cocoon.xconf butI can't figure out how it is used.

I would like to use the include/exclude parameters to avoid
indexing non-Cocoon resources but all documents are always indexed.

My index is created from an XSP based on samples/lucene/create-index.xsp
(just with xml in the page instead of html). As far as I can see
this does not use SimpleCocoonCrawler. Does anything?

The docs (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/xmlsearching.html)
refer to SimpleCocoonCrawler but don't say how or where it is used.
The page refers to the Lucene sample and implies that configuration
of the cocoon-crawler section in cocoon.xconf will affect how
things are indexec, as far as I can see it does not.

I starting to go round in circles now... Has anyone done this?

Regards,
Simeon

--
Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702