cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st>
Subject Re: Serving XHTML with Cocoon (was: Empty elements and the XML Serializer)
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:12:40 GMT
> I see two problem.
>
> * This will not solve the problem in Mozilla.  Even with
>   properly declared doctype and a valid document, Mozilla
>   will render <textarea/> incorrectly.  Its a bug in Mozilla.  I
>   didn't check to see if its in Mozilla's bug database.

Using this technique, the textarea does render properly on Firefox 0.8
*only* when the pages are served with the "application/xhtml+xml"
content type.  As soon as I changed the content type to "text/html", I
got the incorrectly rendered textarea.  This is the test document I'm using:

<head>
<title>title</title>
</head>
<form action="">
<textarea name="ta" rows="10" cols="10" />
</form>

And the HTTP headers:

HTTP/1.x 200 OK
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:06:47 GMT
Server: Apache Coyote/1.0

> * I've run into a problem with the cocoon serializer not
>   respecting content type UTF-8.  I've only been able to get
>   ISO Latin to work.

I noticed this as well.  To help deal with this, I added the charset to
the mime type on the serializer:

mime-type="application/xhtml+xml; charset=utf-8"

cheers,
-steve