cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Okraszewski <okrasz_n...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: Empty elements and the XML Serializer
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:54:40 GMT
> A quick check with the OpenSP validator shows that the <textarea/>
> is fine with XHTML-1.1.  I would expect the same for earlier
> versions of HTML.
>
> Mozilla does indeed render this incorrectly.  However, konqueror
> renders it fine.

Yes, lets ignore Mozilla ;-) Especially while this the browser I use for
developing my webapps and ask other to use it.

> As a work around, how about placing a non-visible character such as
> &nbsp;?

I'm suffering the same problem, and of course I did the tick with &nbsp;
  And the same situation is with <script> - it must have an ending tag.
So, while loading scripts with src attribute, you must do those tricks.

Speaking of Java Script - how to get rid of escaping < and > from XML -
I need them in script, but they are converted to &lt; and &gt; which is
not understood by browsers.

Regards,
Marcin Okraszewski