cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: XML:DB questions
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:51:09 GMT
Jason Lane wrote:

> Hi there list!
>
> OK a few questions:
>
> 1. What in the XML:DB XUpdate spec has been implemented?
> 2. To access the embeded xindice within Cocoon through the Xindice CMD
> tool do I have to set Xindice home as : $COCOON_HOME/WEB-INF/lib/ ??

I'd point it at $COCOON_HOME. As the Xindice libs are all in
WEB-INF/lib, which I imagine is where XIndice would expect them.

Also, you'll need to see whether the XIndice servlet is started or not,
otherwise you'll have to use -l to use embedded mode on the CMD tool. If
you are using embedded, don't write to the DB via the CMD tool when a
servlet is running. You'll loose your changes. One XIndice DB per VM.

Regards, Upayavira