cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Problem with disable-output-escaping with the 2.1.4 version
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:25:28 GMT
David Leangen wrote:
> Although I do not doubt that this is the intent, I believe that in practice,
> the <xsl:output> DOES have an effect on intermediate steps. If this is not
> the intent, then my suspicion is that this may be a bug.

It *is* supposed to only effect serialized output, according to the
spec. However, Xalan and perhaps a few other processors insert PI
nodes into the result tree for output control, and if these controls
are preserved by intermediate processing streams, and the output
is serialized by a compatible serializer, it will take effect.

Note that while it is standardized to use PIs for this purpose, the
actual PI names are left to the implementation, therefore don't
expect it to work if serialization is done by a different processor
or even a slightly different configured processor of the same breed.

As for the OP, I suspect something eats the PIs now.

J.Pietschmann