cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Problem with disable-output-escaping with the 2.1.4 version
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:53:00 GMT
On 18.02.2004 18:44, MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN wrote:

> I use <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"> to generate some
> add-hoc content with my XSLT. After my XSLT, I have an i18n transform
> in the pipeline, so I have put method="xml" in my <xsl:output
> declaration in order to make sure I have pretty XML before i18n is
> triggered.
>
> It used to work well with all previous cocoon 2.0.X versions and even
> with cocoon 2.1.3.

I wonder how this should have worked. The xsl:output is only for
serializing the XML, so has no meaning for the intermediate steps.

> Since I moved to 2.1.4, I have problems with this instruction. For
> instance, if I have this in my XSLT file : <xsl:text
> disable-output-escaping="yes"> &amp;#149; </xsl:text>
>
> I get the following in my HTML output :
> <?javax.xml.transform.disable-output-escaping > &amp;#149;
> <?javax.xml.transform.enable-output-escaping >

That's caused by disable-output-escaping. Also something that is only
done during serialization. But the serializer must to get know what
output not to escape. This is done by the above processing instruction.

> With cocoon 2.1.3, I used to have &#149; in my HTML output.
>
> The funny thing is that I only have problems when I use Tomcat (I
> have tested both 4.0.1 and 4.1.29 versions). There is no problem if I
> use Resin 2.1.10.
>
> Can anyone help me ?

Maybe something with endorsed dirs?

> I know that an XSL guru should not use disable-output-escaping but
> I'm a speedy guy and didn't look for a better solution :-) so please
> don't tell me I shouldn't use this instruction.

You should not use it :-P

Joerg