cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Okraszewski <okrasz_n...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: esql converts <> to &lt;&gt;
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:56:26 GMT
> My database (postgresql) contains text fields which has html tags.
> In esql result I tried to use
> esql:get-string, esql:get-ascii but it converts <> to &lt;&gt;
> If I tried to use esql:get-xml it has an empty result.
>
> So, how can I disable this converting?

I think the only solution is to store XHTML in your DB - this is how I
do it.

The reason of the empty result from esql:get-xml may be:
- malformed xml in db (I mean html without closed tags, etc); common
problem is &nbsp; which is not understood by XML parser - use &#160; instead
- far I remember, the xml *must* have a root element; so if you have
fragment like "some <b>html</b> fragment" it might not work; you can
wrap the content into some element like this:
	<esql:get-xml column="html_column"
		      root="p"
		      root-ns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"/>
you can also omit root-ns or add root-prefix if you want to prefix the root.

Regards,
Marcin Okraszewski