cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: My XSP is entifying my UTF
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:13:56 GMT
On 09.03.2004 22:47, Rafael Alvarado wrote:

> I have an XSP file that read some UTF8 content in a MySQL database and spits
> out an XML document.  The problem is that the all the 16-bit UTF8 stuff gets
> split into 8-byte characters and then entified.  I can find no place to
> control this.  It also occurs in the generation phase, since I used a view
> to check it out at that point.  Do I need to write my own generator to fix
> this?!?

AFAIK this is completely not controllable - maybe the one or another
processor provides an option, but not in the standard. Raising this
issue on Mulberry's XSL list (after searching the archives as this might
be a frequently asked question) might lead to more profound answers:
http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/.

Joerg