cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject [OS-X] Serious Encoding Problems (VM Bug?)
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:22:27 GMT
I develop certain Cocoon webapps on a Powerbook with recent cocoon
version; up to now with same config like on Redhat Linux and no problems
also iso-8859-1 (german) encoding worked fine: environment variable LANG
is set to de...

yesterday I worked on an application on the powerbook and suddenly the
german umlauts did not work proberly (database, ESQL, mysql); I tried to
fix this for hours, then gave up; copied the app to linux (same mysql,
same cocoon version) and there it works fine without problems and
without any changes.

The only thing I remember I had changed on the Powerbook was a JDK
update some weeks ago.

Has anyone an idea, how I could fix this encoding problem on OS X ?

thank you very much.

Alex

p.s.: I set LANG to de..., I set the two init-params in web.xml to
iso-88591-1; I see no further "tuning" possibilities?