cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: new to cocoon question
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:51:02 GMT
First, about forms.  Cocoon has standardized on woody as its forms
framework.  It is currently being renamed to "cocoon forms".  There is also
a FormValidatorAction and SimpleFormsTransformer.  Use them if they meet all
your needs. Otherwise, use woody.

Cocoon does not directly support calling business delegates.  In my
application I have written a BusinessDelegateAction and a BusinessDelegate
component.  Instances of the BusinessDelegate component can be configured to
call "real" business delegates by specifying the class name, constructor
parameters, the method name to call and any parameters it takes.  The
BusinessDelegateAction then calls a business delegate using the
BusinessDelegate component.  All our Business Delegates return a Data
Transfer object that extends a base class that allows the EJB container to
return validation error information which we integrate into the pipeline for
the SimpleFormsTransformer to process.  If the business delegate call was
successful we pass the DTO via a request attribute to a generator that uses
Betwixt to convert it to XML (this generator is unbelievably simple).  After
that, yes it is pretty much a matter of performing transformations, although
we use a lot of aggregated pipelines to generate the page layout.

This all sounds more complicated than it actually is.

Ralph