cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simon Mieth <simon.mi...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.2 - How to tell if Offline site generation fails
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:53:58 GMT
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:24:48 +0100
"L.Austin" <L.Austin@open.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently using Cocoon 2.1.2 to generate a site
> which is in turn is copied to
> our live server.
>
> Current Configuration:
> Server jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12 with Cocoon 2.1.2
> Linux Server
>

> Everyday a script is fired off calling our cocoon build.
> Then when the build has
> finished the files are copied to our Live server. At
> present we are manually copying
> these files... but we will be implementing a script to do
> this automatically.
>
> What we need to do is somehow set a flag if the Cocoon
> build has failed and did not
> follow all links from the initial page. Which in turn
> would stop files being automatically
> copied to the Live server.
>
> Is there a way Cocoon can do this?
>
> I understand that Cocoon creates the page with an error
> message within if a link is unreachable,
> which in turn is logged within the log files
>

> Thanks, Lee

Hi,

how do you generate the site?

If you use the CLI, you can use the "broken-links" option.
This will generate a report-file, where the broken-links are
reported as text(current Cocoon-version as XML too). The
file will generated in every case, so you should test if its
empty or not.

If you can use the ant-task (like Joerg wrote), you can do
it all. Make a target for generating and a target for
publishing(with a check if there was no broken link).

But the ANT-task and more reporting options are introduced
later to Cocoon (up 2.1.3 ??)

Best Regards
Simon