cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <milen...@web.de>
Subject problems with actions
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:47:22 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to cocoon and trying to integrate an action in my application.
I am running cocoon (cocoon 2.0.4) on tomcat 4.1.21. i have j2sdk1.4 installed. My operating
system is windows xp.
After including the action in sitemap.xmap as follows

<map:components>
<map:actions>
   <map:action name="date" src="com.logabit.cocoon.actions.ExampleDate"/>
</map:actions>
</map:components>

<map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="date.html">
   <map:act type="date">
        <map:generate type="serverpages" src="samples/date.xsp"/>
        <map:transform type="xslt" src="samples/date2html.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:act>
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

and starting tomcat i am not able to start cocoon although it worked perfect before. Here
is the error i get:

message Error in sitemap configuration : com.logabit.cocoon.actions.ExampleDate
description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in sitemap
configuration : com.logabit.cocoon.actions.ExampleDate

when i try to compile the the action ExampleDate.java i get following errormessage:
Package org.apache.cocoon.environment not found,
Package org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters not found,
Package org.apache.cocoon.acting and much more.

I think I am missing some classes here which are needed, but i thought they come along with
cocoon when I install cocoon. Where to get these packages and where to place them (in which
directory)?

Thanks for you help!
Milena