cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject [portal] Multiple Portal Configurations in cocoon.xconf
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:48:54 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to be able to create my own portal
configuration and install it using XConfToolTask into
cocoon.xconf (unless there is a better option).

Is it possible to have multiple portal configurations?
 I've looked at portal.samplesxconf and
authportal.samplesxconf.  It seems that the place to
define portals is here:

<portals>
  <!-- Configure your portals here: -->
  <portal name="portal">
<profile-manager>org.apache.cocoon.portal.profile.ProfileManager/Auth</profile-manager>
  </portal>
</portals>

If I want to use the same ProfileManager class, should
I create a different role here?

Now, I don't understand how various portal components,
like renderers, coplets, etc are linked to the
specific portal configuration.  Unless the idea is to
use them across portals?

Thanks,
-Alex