cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Rafael Alvarado" <alvar...@Princeton.EDU>
Subject RE: My XSP is entifying my UTF
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:31:43 GMT
OK, thanks for the clarification. So, then, if Xalan is the culprit, can it
be replaced in Cocoon? My memory says no, but I'll have to take a look.  If
it cannot be replaced, then I'll probably have to drop Cocoon!

Rafael C. Alvarado
Manager of Humanities Computing Research Applications
316 87 Prospect | Princeton University

-----Original Message-----
From: Joerg Heinicke [mailto:joerg.heinicke@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 5:31 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: My XSP is entifying my UTF

On 09.03.2004 23:14, Rafael Alvarado wrote:
> Do you mean that the problem is not in the XSP generator?  I have
> written a simple PHP application to grab and present the data with no
> problems, so I am totally baffled that an XML publication framework would
not handle such a
> basic task.

Hmm, what shall I say. An entified character is at the end the same like a
non-entified character, isn't it? And so the spec makes no difference on it
or let it up to the processor to handle this when serializing the XML. In
our case (default installation) you must put the blame on Xalan.
With PHP it's probably Sablotron, isn't it?

Joerg