cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Toper <nto...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: exist database
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 18:48:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm back and I did find a job where I'll be able to use Cocoon  :=)

Well, question on eXist should be posted on eXist ML. But basically,
you have 3 ways of using eXist: as a server (server.sh) or as a Cocoon instance (actually
eXist is delivered with it).

It communicates through your XMLRPC.

You could also embed it in your Webapp (personnly I don't recommend it).

I used it extensively on my last CMS project and it's pretty cool. If you need help, I'll
be glad to assist (on the ML or privately) you since I had a lot of trouble settings things
up right the first time.

Nicolas

lionel crine <crine@4dconcept.fr> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to use exist database but ii'm a little bit confused.

Must I use the exist database locally in my cocoon instance ?

For example, if I have cocoon from one side and exist as a standalone, how can
i access exist with cocoon using xmldb ?

And
has someone already used exist database inside a portal ?

Thanks a lot.

Lionel