cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anna Bikkina <a...@pinksheets.com>
Subject Need help on generating excel
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:47:24 GMT
Hi,

I am a application that has to generate html and excel with the same data. For
now  I am trying to have 2 buttons one which would perform the query and
display it in html

	 <map:generate src="security.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
        <map:transform src="context:/historyserver/styles/search.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize/>

where search.xsl is written to convert data to html tables.

I have another button which converts the same data to excel . It performs
query to the database and is expected to display data in excel. I am using
the org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HSSFSerializer to perform this.

	 <map:generate src="security.xsp" type="serverpages" label="raw"/>
        <map:transform src="context:/historyserver/styles/page2xls.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize type="xls"/>

The first one works but the second one does not create a excel file.
When I view the xml that is  generated using views(with label raw) and copy
the content to a xml file and use that as input to transform and then
serialize to xls that works. It displays the output in excel.

 I am not understanding where it is going wrong.

Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong. I have been trying to work
on my sitemap and xsl files for over 2 days now but could not find the
solution.

Thanks,
Anna.