cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Klein" <kle...@web.de>
Subject best practice for minor form changes/optional elements
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:16:26 GMT
Hi,

just wondering whether anyone has got any thoughts on this/best practices to offer:

I have got a woody form that I need to display in very slight variations, e.g. a certain button

should only be visible under certain conditions that I can check in my flow.

The options I can see are:
1. Have several form templates, one for each variation. Don't like that very much, too much

duplication.
2. Send a request parameter to the formpipeline. Assign an extra attribute "req-param" to
the
optional elements <wt:widget id="optionalbutton" filter:req-param="optionalbutton"/>.
Then
write a transform that checks for the "req-param" attribute and filters the corresponding
element
if no request parameter by that name is given.
3. Use jxtemplate generator to generate the formtemplate and use the context object to pass
value that determines whether to display a certain element or not. Inside the jxtemplate I'd

enclose the element in an if-statement.

Any thoughts? Thanks a lot
Stefan