cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Julian <cerebr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ASCII Codes... was (Aggregated) Document Entities Serialize Incorrectly
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:01:37 GMT
Jan,

Thanks for you suggestions.  To be frank, I had placed
the ascii code "160" in my xml document as it was
generated server side with xslt.  I replaced this
method with xsl:text in my stylesheet and problem
solved.

  On the other hand, the problem persists with ascii
codes.  Anytime I use an ascii code, a capital A with
an accent circumflex is placed in front of the
character represented by the ascii code.  I tried
various encoding values (e.g. ISO-8859-1, UTF-8) in
the xml and no change in behavior regardless of the
pipeline structure.  However, when I load the document
straight from the disk without Cocoon, there is no
problem.

Thanks again,
Julian

--- Jan Hoskens <jh@schaubroeck.be> wrote:
> You mean when you do an XSLT transformation you want
> to have space between
> sentences? If you want to insert a space in XSLT you
> can use <xsl:text>
> </xsl:text>. If not check you're encodings with each
> page, those might
> reveal something...
>
> Hope this helps,
> Jan