cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jon Evans <jon.ev...@misgl.com>
Subject Another coplet caching question...
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:43:16 GMT
Hi,

I've got a CachingURICoplet which displays a list of items from the
database.  It's done with plain old XML / XSLT, and a custom
transformer which uses JDO to get the data.

One of the transformer steps is "filter", so I can display the results
as pages of 5 items at a time.

The current page number is stored as a coplet attribute "page".

I have the following problem.

1) Using the coplet link transformer.

If I format the page links like this:

<cl:link path="attributes/page"
     value="{@id}">
     <xsl:value-of select="@id" />
</cl:link>

then the coplet works fine, until I change to a different tab of my
portal.  When I switch back to the tab containing my coplet, it is
forever stuck on the page it was last displaying, even if I click
another page link.

2) Using a bookmark

If I format the page links using the bookmark feature:

<a class="page" href="bookmark?page={@id}">
   <xsl:value-of select="@id" />
</a>

with this in my bookmarks.xml:
<event type="jxpath" id="page">
   <targettype>coplet</targettype>
   <targetid>LongList-1</targetid>
   <path>attributes/page</path>
</event>

then it works fine even if I do switch away from the current tab and
back again.

Is this a bug or is there something else I should be doing in my
cl:link node?

Thanks as always,

Jon