cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Neil Bacon" <nba...@pinnaclesoftware.com.au>
Subject RE: DOM-Free Generator
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:25:00 GMT
MessageCocoon passes SAX event's between pipeline elements (because its far
more efficient than parsing and serializing to XML text at each
transformation), so your generator must use a SAX parser to generate SAX
events from the XML text stored in your CLOB. I guess the FileGenerator
would be a good starting point.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: users-return-65176-nbacon=aisoftware.com.au@cocoon.apache.org
[mailto:users-return-65176-nbacon=aisoftware.com.au@cocoon.apache.org]On
Behalf Of Kist, Paul
  Sent: Wednesday, 31 March 2004 2:21 AM
  To: 'users@cocoon.apache.org'
  Subject: DOM-Free Generator

  I am working on a generator that gets a CLOB out of the database via a
stored procedure.  All the examples of custom generators use the SAX content
handler to build the document.   I won't need to do any of that, I just need
to be able to use the XML that comes straight from the CLOB.  Is this even
possible?

  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  -Paul
----
information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New
Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the
United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan as
Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail
and then delete it from your system.
----