cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Conal Tuohy <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject RE: svg2gif Serializer?
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 03:02:16 GMT
Christofer Dutz wrote:

> I am looking for a serializer which lets me use transparency.
> After I found
> out that png seems to support transparency, I gave the
> svg2png serializer a
> try. When using Firebird/Firefox everything looks perfect. In the
> Internet-Explorer the transparent parts are white. As I don't
> seem to be
> able to use transparency in the Internet-Explorer, I would have to use
> another format which supports transparency.

Yes this is a known bug in IE.

Depending on how complex your design is, you may be able to move the
"transparency" to the server side, and generate the png with the background
you want:

If you are going to display a png on a particular background, add a stage to
your pipeline to add the background image (or colour fill) to the svg,
before serialization.

Cheers

Con