cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Gregory" <Mi...@RosesGroup.com>
Subject RE: logic question...
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:20:22 GMT

A couple of hints are to look at the WEB-INF/logs/core.log as when in
DEBUG mode this will output the request and session objects to the
core.log file and prove you have a valid session with the
objects(parameters you expect) within either the session or request.
Another hint is to use the generated .java code from the XSP to help
narrow down your error (have a look at your work directory and drill
down to the generated .java file which is finally compiled into the
class file).

I suspect either your session might be timing out or the paramter
patSchedule is not actually in the session?!? If this is coming from an
external source??? then the session (as far as I guess) is not the same
as the session created by Cocoon...

Check you have logkit.xconf (WEB-INF/logkit.xconf) configured to output
DEBUG messages (look to the bottom of the config file and change the
logging level)

I'm guessing that as you are using aggregate the session probably
doesn't contain the object you require if this is the case expand on
your problem...

Regards
Rob Gregory

> Cocoon 2.0 running on weblogic 7 with struts thrown in the
> mix, although I
> dont see how that could be effecting anything.
>
> The Error:
> the formatting XSLs will generate all the time, but my
> aggregate xsl stops
> processing at this line:
> ListIterator patForecast = new LinkedList((((Schedule)
> session.getAttribute("patSchedule")).getForecast()).values()).
listIterator(0